Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Felted Stained Glass Fan Bag




Finally finished.
This is Madeline Langan's pattern at
It really does look like a stained glass window.
This pattern was easy to understand and a joy to knit.
The only trouble I had was what to use for the shaping. I found a plastic barrel like crock that worked.
I will sew in a little inside pocket and add a button. The grand 'Poobah' has made a button for me and I have another choice of a wooden toggle. We'll see...
My bag...
Dimensions: 13 1/2 " tall, 14 " across (same as version 1 on the pattern)
Bottom: 9 " in length and 7 " wide
Mine is oval shaped.
I used (Araucania) Nature Wool Chunky: (almost) 6 coloured skeins and (almost )2 of the blackish colour.
I used this yarn because I like how it felts (I have used it before) and also the heft of the bag.
I have never tried Noro; plus I had two skeins of the chunky!!
Sz:8 needles
Thank you Madeline.....
I can't wait to show it off!!!
Happy knitting.
Mags

7 comments:

Cate said...

Wow!! You've got to be thrilled! Gasps all around my computer at how pretty it turned out (Lou, not me!). No wonder you've been too busy to talk . . . Love you! xo

Lou said...

Yes, I think it is awesome. Too bad I'm not a girl because I would love to carry around one of those.

Have fun showing it off!

Love ya!

Bonnie said...

Wow, that is beautiful. And, I love all the colors!

bobbi said...

boy the tote bag came out just gerogeous. I love knitting and felting bags. i just might have to look into this one. I think we live far enough away from each other so we won't get caught with it at the same place.LOL!
great job!

silfert said...

That is SOOOOOO neat! You should indeed be proud.

bobbi said...

I like your "I AM NOT A SWEATER KNITTER" button.
i agree, i have in the past and I"m working on a little one for my granddaughter now,I think after i finish with that one i too will post that button also.

Designs by Madeline said...

Wow! When your site popped up I was stunned by how beautiful your bag is! I love the colors!
Thank you!