Thursday, August 9, 2007

Second Pal..

Yesterday I signed up to be a sock saviour, and after reading my (new ) pals info.....I settled on these! I knit and finished these by May 30th..

I know I could have started knitting another pair but from start to finish it would have taken some time so I checked my sox stash. {Doesn't everyone has a yarn stash, so I'll bet they have a sox stash!!!!!} My pal had few preferences and since these are her size I'm hoping they will fit, and she'll like them.

I will include something special in her package and get it off tomorrow. She has been waiting all summer and I hope she won't be disappointed.



Pattern:- Child's First Sock from the book Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush

Needle sz #1 (2.5) Addi's DP's {most of my sz#1's are 2.25} and these needles are a little bigger

Yarn:-Fortissima Socka Colour:-1010 (raspberry)

Modifications:-I did a tubular cast on changed the decrease on the heel flap and did a complete shell pattern across the instep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just another hi. Your socks are "lost! in our boxes, but I promise to make up to you for the waiting.

silfert said...

Sock Saviour? Where's my Google...?

Bonnie said...

I can attest to the fact that your new pal will love the socks! They are beautiful.

Just an aside...the project bag has been an enormous hit. I get so many compliments and ooh's and aaah's. And, I was able to wear the socks last night, as the temps dipped into the 40's. Pure luxury! Many thanks, again.

Danielle said...

I received them on Monday. They are beautiful!! I was so surprised to see find them in my mail, so soon!!
They're great. Thanks!