Monday, August 6, 2007

A mere indulgence...(in colour)!

I have started the 'Felted Stained Glass Fan Bag' by Madeline Langan over at http://knittingdream.blogspot.com/
I saw it on another blog and had to have the pattern. Okay, let's be honest here, I was dreaming about buying the pattern since I saw it!!!
I'm not using the same yarn or weight of yarn as she described so I hope it works out; nevertheless it's a nice knit so far and I (or someone) will end up with a big felted tote bag.
Can a girl have too many bags...ask my daughter. Most of hers tho' would be a lot pricier than mine.
Mine a mere indulgence in colour...hers a downright luxury!

3 comments:

Cate said...

A girl can definitely NOT have too many bags, and though mine may be (a bit) pricier than yours, they are certainly not as pretty!

Happy birthday to the GP.

xo

bobbi said...

that's the problem with blogging. I LOVE AND HAVE TO HAVE THIS PATTERN.!!!! plain and simple. Goodness knows I DON'T NEED ANOTHER PATTERN OR YARN. HELP!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing it when you finish it.
if you used a non-washable wool it should felt just fine. so far, it's beautiful.

silfert said...

Far out! Puts my doodle bag to shame, that's for sure. :) I wonder how that would look as a sweater...a "coat of many colors" thing...