Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Footies, booties and a button...

I finished Mac's footies, and knit a pair for James.
I used leftover opal yarn and sz#1 needles.
I was visiting Bonnie's blog:-
http://www.slipslipknit1054.blogspot.com/
and she had used leftover yarn to make Saartje's Booties. (A free pattern from Saarjte.) They were so cute I had to try a pair!!!!
I used leftover Trekking and Lornas Laces on sz#1 needles. These are knit in one piece and seamed.
As you can see the 'grand Poobah'


made me a button for my bag...a fan shaped wooden one..aw honey thanks!!!!! Matches the theme of the bag don't you think?????
I have no idea what to knit next. In fact you could say I have the knitting "blahs." I want to feel excitement and an urgency to knit when I see a project that catches my fancy...but nothing so far!!!!!!!
Next week I'm off to Ireland....my mother requested a visit and when "she who must be obeyed" speaks we all listen. I will not be back 'till October and I will probably have no access to a computer unless I go to the library and book an hour now and again. I should be able to visit my favourite blogs......but I imagine comments will be few and far between.
Anyhow,
Happy knitting.
Mags

6 comments:

bobbi said...

have a great trip. i will miss your blog and your comments on my blog. that means I will miss you!

Cate said...

I can think of a couple of projects to get your engine restarted---hmmmmm, sweater for Cathie, cardigan for Cathie, socks for Cathie . . . I could go on!

I will miss you, too. I'd better get those earrings sent! xo

Tell the PoohBah I said hi! xo

Bonnie said...

Your booties came out beautifully! Aren't they fun to knit? Mr. Poobah is quite the button maker; the fan button is gorgeous. I'm in the knitting doldrums, too. So, I keep knitting socks. If you find something interesting, let me know.

Oh, Ireland! That's where we went for our honeymoon, and we dream of going back. I had to laugh that you refer to your mother as she who must be obeyed...that's how we refer to my MIL!

Have a wonderful, safe trip.

silfert said...

Oh! I'm so jealous! Take lots of pictures and have a ball!

Lou said...

Booties? Is Cathie supposed to tell me something or is this wishful thinking on your part?

BTW, the boys love their socks. They cannot wait until the weather gets colder so they can wear them.

Bonnie said...

Mags, I don't see an email address for you on your blog, so I'll say thank you here for the postcard. It was a very pleasant surprise. I'll look forward to hearing about your trip when you return :)