Pattern:-"Snowfling Mitts" by Tanis Lavallée
Yarn:-Tanis Fibre Arts yellow label DK Grape and Frost for the outer shell/
Tanis Fibre Arts purple label cashmere sock yarn jewel tone for the lining!
Needles :- Size #4 for the outer shell and sz#3 for the lining! (I think the suggested needle size was # 3 )
I thought the yarn seemed heavy for a DK weight..but that could be just me!
I honestly didn't find adding the lining an easy task. Picked up the stitches..no problem but doing the lining of the first mitt was a bit tedious! I had to measure, rip and adjust a lot!! I made careful notes of what I had done and the second lining went
a bit easier. My biggest fear was that the lining would bunch up in the thumb and at the mitten top. I think mine is fairly smooth after lots of ripping and reworking! I thought that maybe if you were to knit a mitten liner separate from the outer shell and then to sew it in might be easier..I dunno!!! Honestly it will be a long time before I do another pair with a liner!! Just saying!
The only change I made was to mirror the <'s >'s on the cuff.
I have set myself a little challenge for 2014.
A pair of mittens with a liner.
A pair of gloves.
A pair of doubleknit mittens.
Well, one down..two to go!