Sunday, September 27, 2009

Snowbird Mittens and mysterious yellow socks..


The mystery is solved:-

Pattern:-Fox Faces by Nancy Bush. (The Sept. mystery sock.) This is a lovely lace pattern which includes a 'Vikkel' braid, 'Dutch' heel, EOP heel flap and a pointy toe. The fit is good and since the pattern is done on the front of the leg only the ribbing is carried thru 30 rows to keep the sock neat on the back of the leg, and it works perfectly. I would recommend this pattern as a first lace project, it's easy and looks really nice.
Needles:-Sz#1 DP's.

Yarn:-Baby Ull. [Obviously yellow] this was my first time using this yarn and I loved how nice it knit up and I'll use it again.
I also must include a picture of the finished "Snowbird Mittens"..let's just say I love them. Since I'm caught up on my projects..I know I still have a baby gift to knit..I will start my bag. It looks daunting, but I'm getting anxious to start, so I probably will have nothing to blog about for a while. Read about the mittens in the previous post



Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

3 comments:

tammy said...

The mysterious yellow socks are beautiful, and I luv the shade of yellow. Might try the pattern myself one day. I'm just about to finish a pair I'm working on.

The "Let It Snow" mittens are also wonderful. They look like complicated knitting.

love ya!
tammy

Cate said...

Oh.my.gosh . . . I die.

The "Let it Snow" mittens are breathtaking! What a work of art. Seriously. You've outdone yourself. xoxo

silfert said...

More gorgeous work! I think I need to find an extra hour somewhere so I can make something...