Saturday, September 5, 2009

Drowning.....




Lately I've been drowning in yarn and for some reason I keep buying more.
I see these projects I must do and I order a bunch of yarn. I have some DK coming for a baby hoodie, more sock yarn for an unusual pattern. What the heck.....I have enough yarn stashed to knit sox for a small country!
I buy some expensive yarn and some cheaper easy care stuff since I know I'm giving away the majority of sox I knit. I like to use easy care yarn for them..and save the good stuff. But why??? I'd better start using it all...and here goes.
These are for Kelly, whose favourite colours are the pinks, reds and purples.
Pattern:-Monkeys by CookieA., what a nice easy pattern with lovely results. (My first.)
My modifications:-A picot cuff , (another first) I used a provisional cast on, and also eye of partridge heel.
Yarn:- Socks that Rock. (yet another first) Colour:- Rhodonite. Lovely yarn.
Needles Sz#1
I hope Kelly enjoys them. She is sixteen and she loves animals. I may knit her another pair with a dog motif.
I'm still working on my Truly shawl but I am on the edging after all the miles of garter stitch...hoping to see the end of the tunnel soon!
I am also knitting the Mystery Socks by Nancy Bush in yellow. This is for the SKA group on Ravelry. The clues are far enough apart I have the cuff done on both sox and waiting for clue#2. Something new on these sox..a "Vikkel" braid...umm...interesting!
Happy knitting and happy and safe Labour Day weekend everyone.
Mags.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Luv the colors and sox, I'm sure the young lady will love them too!
I would like to try the CookieA pattern, Sounds like you've dove in head first with all the projects. Hey, go for it!

I've worked ysterday and today on Labor Day, so I'll be in labor, ha,ha! Hopefully tonight I'll get in some knitting time. I should join a knit a long like the one you were writing about for sox. Have a great day and happy knit, knit, knitting! tammy

tammy said...

Mags, thanks for dropping by my blog and the nice comments.
Fried Apple pies must be a "southern" dish. Wish you could try them, maybe I can send you a recipe sometime, if you like. they are so good! Oh, the two main things you start out with are dried apples and biscuit dough.I have my yarn and have cast on....now I'm gonna see if Teddy will let me have some knitting time...