Monday, September 21, 2009

"Let It".....what??




Since I had to wait for the clues for the SKA Mystery Sock I was thumbing thru my old patterns and came across this and thought I'd give it a try.
Okay so now I have one done and I'm showing it off, 'cause I'm so pleased with the results. I think the outcome is stunning. I particularly love the backside.
Pattern:-Snowbird from Vogue knitting, Fall 2008. This pattern is really only a chart, but it's easy to follow. I found the thumb a wee bit fiddly, but not too bad.
Modifications:- Added extra rows to cuff and kitchenered the top.
Yarn:-Fortissima Disco Socka, light gray with bluish green. It is full of sparkles, which you can't see on my monitor. Leftover Patons Kroy, 'Gentry Gray' from Jim's socks.
Needles:- Sz#1
I am now so smitten with mittens I had my daughter order me 'The Mitten Book." (heehee)
I also ordered a bag kit from www.KnitPicks.com the new one 'East meets West." I will start it as soon as I finish the yellow mystery socks and mittens. I'm not particularly fast at colour work, so we'll see how it goes. If you see a UFO flying by your house you'll know it's my bag...causing me all sorts of grief. (haha)
Happy knitting.
Mags.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

this makes me of wanting Christmas to come soon. well done.

tammy said...

Youve certaintly got your knitting mojo back and some more to go with it, must be Ireland in running in your veins. Fantastic gloves and colorwork. Stunning!

Louie sez woof back and Teddy sez ruff, ruff, ruff, back. He is so busy and can't seem to get enough attention. I'm getting too old for this youngster. But luv the little busybody anyway. :)

silfert said...

Beautiful! I want to make some!

Oh, and it's Let It Be, definitely. ;)

tammy said...

Teddy forgot to advise u guys to get a early flu shot, ouch!

naw, it wasn't that bad.

TeddyBear