Saturday, September 12, 2009

Truly...not socks!




Yep...no socks to show. Just my colourful shawl.
It is fitting tho' that I started this shawl during 'Wimbledon' and finished during the 'U.S. Open'
I just worked on it when I had a few minutes now and then. Other times the cat loved to lie on it..maybe she just loved the woolly smell.
Pattern:-"Truly Tasha Shawl" by Nancy Bush. (A free online pattern.) I think what drew me to this pattern was the shawl collar and lovely cast off eyelet edge. I spliced the ends as recommended and it worked well.
Yarn:- Noro Kureyon #184. Lately I've been wearing a lot of colour. You see I went back to my roots and my hair is blinding white....I'm not kidding!
Needles:-Sz#5. The pattern called for sz#4.
Winter will be here soon in northwestern Pennsylvania and I know it will keep me cozy.
I hope to cast on a baby hoodie soon and I have yellow socks on the needles right now. I think I need a black or gray felted bag, something neutral to go with all my colourful knits...heehee.
Happy knitting
Mags.

4 comments:

silfert said...

Love the happy shades! I just happen to know of some gray yarn...

tammy said...

Mags,
This is one of the most beautiful shawls. U know I love the bright colors too! You have been finishing projects like crazy, send some of your knitting mojo this way! :)

Teddy and Louie woofs back and sez thanks! Ted has a vets shot appointment this morning. ouch!He is such a little busy body and gets me up too early on my days off.

Oh, I do hope you watch the movie. At the end you'll see what I'm talking about. C.E. has aged well. Take care and happy knitting.

I've started adding more blocks to my blankie. I need to keep doing that, and I have a couple of sox on the needles of course!

tammy said...

Hi Mags!

I've had this pattern for a while but it didn't wow me until I saw yours in the Noro. How many skeins did u use and what size needles did you use?

Teddy so far is doing good from his shots, he said oouch a few times when he was picked up and moved the wrong way.

xxx000 from teddybear & louie woof!

tammy said...

Hi Mags,

Thanks for leaving comments. I finally got my pics downloaded this morning. It was a nice day, wish you could have joined us.
Take care.

Tammy
P.S. first weekend I've had off in a while. enjoying it :)