Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fat cat Hoodie!


Okay, I know I said I wouldn't be blogging for awhile because I would be working on my 'East meets West' bag....well, things change and here are my reasons to blog......
Reason #1:-For this bag, you cast on 450sts
Reason#2:- You're using sz#1 needles
Reason#3:- You're working with fingering yarn.
Need I say more....it's tedious......I have reached the short rows, but right now I want to get some stuff finished for Christmas and a few odds and ends cleared up and the bag is so daunting I'll put it aside 'till after Christmas.
Meantime this is a baby gift for my friend's second wee grandson.
Pattern:-Easy Baby Cardigan by Diane Soucy. This little jacket is knit top-down and I knit the 18mth. size..
Modifications:- I made it totally seamless by using a provisional cast on and kitchenering these hood stitches. In my opinion a nicer finish than seaming.
I also used a make one stitch increase for the raglan sleeves, although I think the knit f/b increases work equally well. I used an attached i-cord around all the edges except the cuff edge. Looks neater and keeps the garter band from rolling. I incorporated i-cord-loop buttonholes. I used these instead of making ties for the front.
Needles:-Sz#7
Yarn:- Plymouth happy Feet DK. Colour:-Lemon/Lime. It does have a little blue throughout.
Buttons:-3. Fat cat design, bought at Jo~Annes.

I added a close-up pic of the buttons and edging, mainly because the buttons are so cute.

I love this little hoodie and I hope the new Mom does too!
I have decided to participate in the SKA October challenge. I'll be knitting men's socks. More details when I'm done. These will be a Christmas gift.
Happy knitting.
Mags.



2 comments:

tammy said...

Luv the Hoodie. I think I cord puts a nice touch to sweaters and other knits too! The fat cat buttons are tooooo cute! The Happy Feet color is the same one I used for my Margarita sox. Happy Feet is such a nice yarn and for a reasonable price. I'm trying to get more for my stash. There is a pink one that I will buy next.

You are a speedy knitter and getting so many projects finished! I admire that, send some mojo this way. Happy knitting! & Happy October! tammy

Jackie said...

i favoured hoodie very much. this is cute.