Friday, June 29, 2007

On the needles....



This is the first of the "Merino Lace Socks" by Anne Woodbury.

I was leafing thru my new book 'Favorite Socks'...and came across this pattern. The pattern was written for the sox to be worked on two circs (must clarify:- I have only used circs for felted bags or big knits in the round) so I decided to use my trusty DP's.

I liked the combined lace patterns and this is a nice knit since every other row is knit the knit stitches and purl the purls. You can see in the pattern chart (in the book) the editor forgot the dots(for the four rows of {2}purl stitches)..so the 'Grand Poobah' kindly filled them in for me. Thanks honey!!!!

I am using Cherry Tree Hill in 'Loden'..this is my first time using this yarn and I like it. My LYS...'Cultured Purl' in Erie Pa., just started carrying CTH..and I'll use it again. I always wonder how yarn will wash and wear!!!

The only thing I didn't like was to keep the continuity of the pattern thru the heel flap I had to cut the yarn and attach a new ball...I just hate having any extra ends to weave in!!!!

Okay..on another note but still sock related did you see the beautiful "Rainbow Socks' at
http://roobeedoo.blogspot.com/
You really should check them out....I have added them to my to do list....along with numerous others.
Don't know how much knitting I'll get done over the 4th. but anyhow....
happy 4th...and happy knitting
Mags

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Lovely sock. I have got to get that book!