Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The 'book' and the 'footies.'


The footies are done:-
I used Sz # 1 DP's (60 st tubular cast on, a 20 row cuff and an eye of partridge heel.)
I used leftover Claudia handpainted yarn, 'Begonia' and 'Wisteria'. I did one row with one colour and one with the next. On the first footie I did the row (colour) change on the bottom (middle of the heel) on the second I did the row change on the side. Maybe I was just improving because on the second one my tension is more even. So I would recommend the side yarn change where it is least noticeable.
Cath...yes, these are for you!!!
Enough about that; as you can see I bought the book "Favorite Socks." Let me justify my purchase by saying I had a 25% off coupon from Borders!!! I was pleasantly surprised to see a pattern by designer 'Candace Eisner Strick.' I will give it a try, probably when I can hole up and do nothing but knit, because the i-cord cuff may be a challenge.
We had a lovely visit in Maryland and James had a super birthday. Of course I went to the yarn store and made a wee purchase. I love the store 'ELEGANZA YARNS" and try to stop in every time I visit.
Happy knitting,
Mags

No comments: