Thursday, July 12, 2007

The felted..em..'Duffel' bag?


Here is a little felted bag...I just needed a break from sox (I still haven't finished the 'Merino Lace socks. "tut, tut," shame on me!!!!) and as I had already done 2 mitered squares, I was thinking about building a 'wee' bag!
I will give this to Michelle my SIL of the "pair of socks" a day fame! She absolutely loves and appreciates a felted bag!!!!!
Okay...so how do you go from two squares to this?? I don't know, maybe I just wanted something different than a tote. This bag, to me, is reminiscent of a school bag we used in Ireland in the late 50's early 60's...yikes, I'm dating myself....we called it a duffel!!!
I used Paton's wool doubled approx., 4 skeins
Sz 8 circular needles
The 'Grand Poobah' drilled out a 45cent wooden 'candle cup' and then stained it and added a clear coat for the sliding toggle on the Icord. (Thanks honey)
The bag could probably have used grommets in the holes around the edge but unfortunately the 'Grand Poobah' doesn't have that tool in his arsenal...and I wasn't about to pay around 22 bucks for a one shot deal...I'm such a miser!!!
The bag is about 10" x 7"
I love the bottom circle.
What's next...well the Grandsons will be here for 2 weeks..yippee!
Happy knitting.
Mags

3 comments:

bobbi said...

Great bag, i love felted bags.
nice grouping of colors

Cate said...

That bag is gaw-geous! I'm not a fan of the felted bag (as you know) but that one is spectacular! Well done! xo

P.S. You watch my boys like a hawk.
P.P.S. I think it would probably be better for Effie to come to your place . . .

silfert said...

That is one groovy bag, indeed! And I love the (ahem) soon to be finished socks. Wink, nudge. :)