Saturday, June 9, 2007

A rippin' good time!!!


Okay, so I was sitting last night reading my pattern and comparing the sock picture in the magazine to mine (mind you I was all puffed up with myself for having completed three patterns and being ready to start the heel,) when I realized my ripple weave rib cuff did not morph into the ripple weave rib pattern..... Oh, my God, I was off a stitch!!!
[Compare above socks.]
What to do?? Would it be that noticeable...I consulted with the 'Grand Poo-bah"....and he said, "Who sees socks?"
My God I'd have to make a decision by myself...to rip or make a matching mistake?????
Well I haven't ripped yet. Let's see how things progress.
Lessons learned from the morphing fiasco......
1. Read the pattern and follow the directions.
2. The 'Grand Poo-bah' is never any help.
3. Do not publish any work 'till it is complete.
Happy knitting (and ripping)
Mags

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unless it is going to drive YOU crazy, the difference is not at all noticeable.