Sunday, May 20, 2007

'Embossed Leaves' socks


'Embossed Leaves' by Mona Schmidt
Yarn:- Wildfoote sock.....colour...Pine Tree
DP's sz #2
Modifications:-I did an eye of partridge heel
In case any of you think I'm some kind of "knitting machine" maniac, I did these for the 'socknitters' KAL before I had a blog, and I just wanted to show them off.
Well I'll concede, I'm told I'm a little bit of a maniac!!!!!! It does however take me a little longer than a couple of days to knit a pair. From what I hear tho' my sister-in-law can do a sock in a day. Now I haven't seen this feat for myself and considering she just learned to knit socks last year [I was visiting N. Ireland for me Ma's 80th birthday]and I taught her, I'm totally in awe. I do make the mistake of stroking, petting and admiring my knitting which slows me down considerably. I think I did see a sock a day KAL...wow...too much pressure.
Happy knitting,
Mags

1 comment:

Cate said...

Hahaha--I loved the line about you stroking, petting, and admiring your knitting! So true! Another beautiful pair . . . xo