Thursday, May 24, 2007

Back on the needles...again


'Child's First Sock' from "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush
Using: Fortissima Socka. Colour 1010...a lovely raspberry red.
Needles sz., 2.5mm it says US#1 on the label but this sz. falls between a #1 and a #2
I love this pattern and it's very easy!!
I thought about doing the pattern as a mirror image on sock #2 but changed my mind.
Here's what changed it:-
Me...should I do the patterns opposite one another?
Husband.....what for, it's only a sock.
Me....(remembering that silly commercial about the purple fabric) Well, you're only a man!!!!
Hee Hee...you have to love socks......
Have you noticed I've been using solid coloured yarn lately...I still love the others, but since I've been on a pattern kick, I don't want my work to get lost in the yarn.
In the new "IK" magazine I loved the motorcycle gloves and I will knit them for myself one of these days. I want to do one more pair of socks after I finish these, and then the gloves. I'll need them on the 'trike.'
Have you all been visiting the knit pligg you really should if you love socks..there are stories, pix etc....only one problem, you could spend hours looking and get absolutely no knitting done.
Happy knitting [and looking].
Mags

1 comment:

Cate said...

Spoken like a true man!

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend knitting! xo

P.S. Lou and I are doing a "Get Fit" challenge. He's signing up for the Iron Man day . . . HAHAHHAHAHA! I love my athlete!