Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Scarf and mitts.

























I don't have a lot to show in the Christmas knitting department........I still have to finish Elaine's felted bag and I can't work up the motivation to get it done. I also would like to finish socks for Lou and Cath. Other than these few things I'd be done!!! HELP, where has my knitting enthusiasm gone?????

I knit this wisp of a scarf for Lindsay our little waitress at the coffee shop. Lindsay loves a scarf and wears them all the time. I love her flair and she is so sweet.

I don't really know what colour she likes but I know it will fit!

Yarn:-Socks that Rock 100% Superwash merino. Colourway: Fairgrounds. I used the complete 360yds for the scarf.

Needles:-Sz#7

Pattern:-Sock-it-to-me-Scarf from the book "One-Skein Wonders."

This was a mindless knit and is a chevron and feather pattern. There was one problem. The scarf is knit in 2 halves and then kitchenered/grafted in the center to maintain the wave pattern at the beginning and the end. Now I quite enjoy Kitchener or grafting but did not on this scarf. The graft did seem to pucker, maybe because of the yarn overs...I don't know, but I think I ripped it back quite a few times before I was satisfied. I tried a 3-needle bind off...and wasn't any happier with that either.

I decided to add a 3 st I-cord to the scarf ends instead of the whimsical pom-poms suggested in the pattern.

Being an overachiever I decided to knit Lindsay a pair of matching fingerless mitts. I ordered some yarn from a fellow Raveler. Unfortunately it isn't quite the same colour...now it has the same colour variations just different hues, Oh well!!!!!!!!! A mismatched set!!

I decided to do the cuff in the chevron and feather pattern to match the scarf and the rest of the mitts just plain. I did add the 3 st I-cord at the cuff, fingers and thumb.

I used Sz#2 needles.

I can't imagine either mitts or scarf will provide any warmth....and you know, on second thoughts, I probably should have gotten Lindsay a gift card!!!

Happy knitting everyone.

Mags.
P.S. I did give Lindsay a gift card...I'll give this scarf and mitts to Kelly!

No comments: