Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Charlie's coat
















Here we are in Maryland for Thanksgiving.
My daughter and her family adopted Charlie in June from the pound. Charlie is a terrier mix and he adores his new family. He's a mangy little dog and his fur is sparse so they wanted me to knit him a sweater! Sooo..here he is.....
Pattern:-The Manwell by Stepanie Michaud. This is from my new book "Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders." I bought this book at the incredible price of $2.50. I got 2 books plus shipping for $10.80 from Barnes & Noble. Wow, I was thrilled. Who doesn't love a bargain?
Needles:- I used Sz#2 circulars but I should have used Sz#3 or maybe Sz#4. The sweater is a little snug on Charlie, but not too bad. I wish I would have had measurements. It was an easy straightforward pattern. I love the little opening on the neck for his leash and the little pocket that holds a treat...Charlie loves it too!
Yarn:-Patons Kroy Jaquard sock . Colour 'Slate.' I love Kroy yarn, easy care and it has a nice heft.
I really should be focusing on my Christmas knitting...hopefully I'll get it all done on time..but you never know???
Happy knitting everyone and "Happy Thanksgiving."
Mags.

No comments: