Monday, November 8, 2010

Lesson learned.


One of my knitting friends when she was browsing thru a "knitpicks"catalogue, spotted the "Yvette Entrelac Beret & Mitts" set and asked if I thought she could knit them. I causally responded that I thought she could since we would be meeting every Saturday and I could look over her work and help if necessary.
What a big mistake on my part.
Now, I would consider myself a fairly competent knitter and I have knit a couple of pair of entrelac socks but this pattern is the worst..so confusing!!!
And to think the mittens are supposed to be the simple part of the set! GULP!!!!!!
Pattern:-Yvette Entrelac Beret & Mitts by Knit Picks Design Team.
Yarn:-Knit Picks Andean Silk. Colours; Crimini, Chocolate, Cinnamon and Cream.
Needles:-Sz#7 and Sz#6.
Never advise anyone unless you read the pattern beforehand. If you're anything like me you feel an obligation to just figure everything out and knit it for them! Lesson learned!
Just think I still have to do the beret........"sigh!"
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

silfert said...

I know exactly what you mean! Those mittens are absolutely stunning, though...