Saturday, July 10, 2010

Going green!




Okay...I know you thought I was going to talk about reducing my carbon footprint but instead this post is all about the colour green. Oh, well, I hope you'll read on.
I knit these beads for Barbara, one of my knitting friends from our "Saturday-stitch-n-sip" group.
This pattern is from http://www.knitty.com/
The beads are knit using DMC embroidery floss on Sz#0 needles. I choose to add glass beads and finished the necklace with an I-cord ribbon and toggle clasp.
These beads are deceptively easy and fun to do. I used different shades of green and now I find Barbara loves pastels...(hee hee!)...I should have asked.
The bowl of green yarn is for Sarah's cardigan. I love using "Nature Wool" yarn! I just hope she likes green...but who knows!
I hope she likes the pattern I've chosen and most importantly I hope it fits, although the 'Grand Poobah' says the cardi will fit someone...and you know he's so right!
I hope you're all enjoying summer.
Happy knitting.
Mags.

2 comments:

silfert said...

Greeeeeeeen! Cool and refreshing, yet summery and fun. ;)

tammy said...

Beautiful necklace and shades of green! So Irish...:) Hope you're having a great summer.