Friday, June 25, 2010

Sun hat...


I wanted a sun hat with a brim I could wear when I was working in the yarn...so I scoured the patterns on Ravelry and this one jumped out at me. I didn't want any old hat...I had high standards!
My hat criteria:-
It had to have a brim...check.
Knit with cotton....check. ( Especially since I'd just bought "Sugar'nCream" at Michaels for a $1 a cake.)
Made to fit, me....check. (I took a bunch of measurements.)
It is cute, but it's a lot warmer than I thought it would be. The Grand Poobah says I look a lot like Martha Washington's chambermaid, and you know I have to admit...I do!
It probably won't get lots of wear, no doubt I'll go back to wearing my baseball hat!
Pattern:-Sunshine & Lollipops by machen/machen found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunshine--lollipops (Ravelry link)
Yarn:-"Sugar'nCream" approx 2 skeins.
Needles:-Sz#4
The hat was a fast easy knit..started at the top and worked down. The hat band and inner brim was knit using a contrast colour.( I choose light purple to offset the dark purple, gray, navy and green.)
I do wear it...occasionally.
Happy knitting everyone and don't forget your hat and sunscreen!
Mags.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Hey Mags,

I just read all the wonderful projects you have completed, You have been one busy knitter!They are all so beautiful.

Happy summer & knitting!
Tammy

silfert said...

Hey, that's cute! I have several nieces who would flip over that hat...