Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update...socks done!





I have finally finished my Christmas socks. I don't know why these took me so long. They are my first finished project of 2010.
I also wanted to post a picture of the "Grand Poobah" plowing our driveway. The snow started Friday and hasn't stopped yet. I'm talking around a foot a day. Now we're using to getting a lot of snow. It's usually spread throughout the winter, but over 3 feet in 3 days is ridiculous and were supposed to get another foot overnight! AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!
Okay, my rant is over.
About the socks.....
Pattern:-Rhodie Gus Socks by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn:-The Unique Sheep, Tinsel Toes. This was my first time using this yarn. It had a nice sheen but was a little splitty. I looked high and low for Christmas colours and this was the only yarn I could find.
Colour:-TraditionsNeedles:-Sz#1
These will probably become a Christmas gift for someone...next Christmas. (heehee)
Merry Christmas everyone and happy knitting and happy and prosperous 2010!
Mags.











3 comments:

tammy said...

Happy New Year to you Mags, my friend! May 2010 be filled with happiness, health and much knitting!

Luv,
Tammy

tammy said...

Happy New Year to your first socks of the year ! Very nice.....

And the snow, oh my! We had about one foot a few weeks ago. The first real snow for us in many years. But to see yours, Ours was nothing, thank goodness. You better keep a snow shovel close by along with your knitting needles. And happy lots of knitting and drinking hot chocolate.hmmm..
luv, tammy

tammy said...

Just visiting again. I go back to work tomorrow. I have to work to support my fiber habit and insurance:_

I posted some of what I've been up to, what I can print that is,heeehee!
hugs,
Tammy