Sunday, January 17, 2010

Leftover yarn socks..


So what do you do with your leftover yarn?
The challenge for December (sock knitters anonymous on Ravelry) was to use leftover yarn for a pair of socks. I found this pattern and couldn't resist......
Pattern:-Macchia di Colore by Sue Grandfield. This is a free pattern. It was my first garter wrap heel over 60% of the stitches...it looks and fits good.
I think I may keep these for myself....
I used all Shalimar yarn.
Yarn:- leftover, Sapote (candle socks), Juniper Berry (Jamsey's blue socks..indeed there was a lot left) and variegated, (Lou's/ Oliver socks.) The variegated was only used on the ruffled cuff and you can't see it too well.
I reversed the heel toe and background colour..I was afraid I'd run out of yarn.
Needles:-Sz#1 and sz #0.
Although I really enjoyed knitting these there were a lot of ends to weave in.
I just don't know what I'll knit next. This year I am going to try not to buy any yarn. Really I have enough sock yarn and I have patterns and yarn I bought for projects I have yet to start. So, maybe then 2010 will be a clean up year!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

4 comments:

tammy said...

Mags,

As always, I love your sox. This was a good pattern and ideal for the yarn scraps. This one must go on my to do list too. You should keep these and enjoy them. I like u switching up the colors on the toes, etc. I'm knitting Rick a pair of socks. And then....:)

At a "Whole Food" store there were two clerks wearing gloves that a customer had made for them. I asked about them of course. They looked like sox yarn and were very nice w/ the fingers knitted to the middle of the fingers. (Almost fingerless) Each finger was a solid color of a different color from the patterned yarn. That is my next project w/ sock yarn. There is so many things I want to knit. Oh my... Let's knit on!

luv ya!
tammy

tammy said...

P.S.

I can't say I'll not be buying more sock yarn. I already saw a new one emailed to me tonight from a company. A new colorway:) ahhh,yarn/candy. hmmm.

tammy said...

Visit sometime, I can download pics now. have a great weekend!

Erica said...

do you think you could post some socks patterns?
I am still a lil confused on how to pick up the stchs to do the gusset.!!

thanks!