Monday, December 14, 2009

Wicked good slippers and a pair of socks....




I'm all caught up with my Christmas knitting...'woo hoo!
Slippers...
Pattern:-Felted Moccasins from the book 'Felted Knits' by Beverly Galeskas. This is an easy to follow and well written pattern and don't forget the slippers were felted which covers a multitude of mistakes. (heehee)
Needles:-Sz#10 circulars 29". I also used DP's Sz#10. The pattern calls for Sz#15 but I used the 10's and knit the small man's size to fit William's feet.
Yarn:-Patons Classic wool. Colour "Old Gold." Yarn was held doubled throughout.
I decided to add the leather ties to make the moccasin look really authentic.
I will use some anti-skid on the soles.
I also decided to needle-felt a deer on one vamp and a squirrel on the other. This was my first time needle-felting and it looks pretty good and was fairly easy.
I know William will be thrilled with the 'woodland' creatures on his feet!
Socks....
Pattern:- Just a little 3x1 rib and a 52st cast on.
Needles:-Sz#1 DP's
Yarn:-Zoe Sock, colour Juniper Berry. James asked for blue but this is more a greenish blue.
Awwww, he'll love them anyway.
Now I'm working on my own Christmas socks and have on order some yarn for the "Leo" socks pattern, but neither of these is a priority. I will now just relax and enjoy the season.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Mag,
The slippers are awesome,and like the sock colors denium.

I would like to make a pair or two sometime. My stepdad and husband would really like them. You did a great job on the felting.drop by soon...tammy