Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Stocking knit with fabric strips.


I picked up a free 'how to knit a fabric mitten' pattern from Jo~Anns the other day and thought...okay...what about a Christmas stocking. So....I bought a couple of yards of material and made myself some fabric strips.
My fabric knit stocking measures 16 1/2" in length and about 4 1/2" wide. (It really could hold quite a few goodies, if Santa would happen to stop by.)
To be quite honest I really don't know why I'm frittering away my time knitting stockings, but I may make another and give them to my 'wee' grandsons.
I have a couple of projects I must finish for Christmas plus cards to write, gifts to buy, my house to clean, cookies to bake.....choke!
Guess I'd better get busy.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

tammy said...

I like it. About 3-4 years ago, I made my hubby, son, daughter and myself, Christmas stockings. I used big needles and bulky Brown Sheep yarns, I just knit a basic sock pattern for oversize looking socks/Christmas Stockings. They turned out nice and were fun to knit. More of a country Christmas look on my mantle. Better get off and let you get back to Christmas preparations. Have a Merry One!
Tammy