Friday, October 16, 2009

Knitting more mittens!




I've put up two pictures of these mittens because the image on the right shows the inside, (the stranding) work, and I thought you may like to see.
I really am fascinated by mittens. I'm still working although only briefly on my Christmas socks, but I will try to finish them this week.
Yarn:-Patons Kroy 4ply. Colours:-Gentry Gray and Summer Moss.
(I used about 36grams of each 50gram skein.)
Pattern:-I used the 'Four-leaf clover' pattern graph in "The Mitten Book." by Inger Gottfridsson and Ingrid Gottfridsson.
Let me just say, it was a challenge. There are vague instructions at the beginning of the book but it worked out and I felt a great sense of satisfaction when I was done. I decided to do a gusset type thumb. I don't really like the afterthought thumb, but this is a personal preference.
Needles:-Sz#1.
Although I have a couple of things I want to do for Christmas, but nothing is pressing...so that's good.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags
P.S. Today we had about an inch of snow on the ground when we woke up. Brrrr..it's cold too. Perhaps that was our winter...well, I can only hope.(ha ha)
M.





4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your knitting is just beautiful!! I wish I lived close enough to visit you and be inspired by your talent. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with everyone!!!

tammy said...

Beautiful knitting! Hard to believe you all have snow. It's been hot! here today. But a lovely blue sky and no humidity. It does get frigid when the sun goes down and frost is on the punkins,Heee!

tammy said...

Mags,

I was just looking at the mittens again, they are gorgeous! they look to complicated for my 'noggin.
I think I own a copy of that book.I haven't looked yet.

About the scarecrow socks. They aren't scarey, only "corny". Haha!heee! I know my jokes are too..

Viola said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful! I love these, could never make them but love them.