Sunday, October 25, 2009

Seduced by a pattern..


First Christmas present done and I also finished my "Manly" sock for the October SKA challenge.
These socks are for my favourite son-in-law..yeah, I can say that..I only have one!
Pattern:- Oliver Socks By Marlowe Crawford.
I really was intrigued and seduced when I read the intro to this pattern. A series of increases and decreases give the sock a unique shape and it's supposed to fit like a glove. You can see the line of increases along the bottom of the foot and the funky 'V' shape on the top.
Even tho' this was a boring plain sock the increases and decreases kept me interested.
(Thanks you Grand Poobah for modelling it for me.)
Yarn:-'Shalimar' superwash sock. I bought this yarn a couple of years ago in Maryland and always put off using it because I wasn't sure I liked the colours. Let me just say I love it, and sadly it's been discontinued.
Needles:-Sz#1
I am planning mittens for my friend Elaine for Christmas. I usually knit her socks. Just doing something different this year.
Happy knitting.
Mags.

2 comments:

tammy said...

I love the socks, colors and pattern!

tammy said...

Had to drop back by and say I see why I've not heard from u lately.
So busy knitting gifts. I'm interested in the increases on the bottom of the socks, they are unique. This Discovery sock in Cat's book has a unique toe and heel and silimiar increases on the sole and the sock, I hope, mine turns out like its suppose too. I've stopped knitting for
Christmas prestents. They mostly went unappreciated and for all the time, love & money put into a handmade item, if they don't understand, they don't get "em. Happy Knitting to you, and drop by again when you can lay the needles down. Miss ya! tammy