Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mittens with all the bells and whistles!


These mittens are fresh from the needles they still have to be washed and blocked.
This was a "mystery" knit along given by the "I make Mittens" group on Raverly.
No, normally I don't participate  in these sort of knit alongs..too time consuming and then you're never sure what your finished object will look like! But...I decided to take a chance since the mittens were to be designed by one of my favorite designers and also Christmas is creeping up fast!
The mitten are nice but the knitting was a little intense  since I couldn't get the charts blown up large enough for my old eyes and I could only work in good  bright light!
My eldest Grandson howled with laughter when I said the knitting was intense...but another knitter would understand!!!!
I said they had all the 'bells' and 'whistles' because they do incorporate a lot of techniques!!!
They started with a 'provisional' cast on,  'picot' cuff  followed by a latvian braid and 'catching main color float' and also 'catching contrast color float!' I started these on Sz #0 needles but my knitting was too tight.
Pattern:-Quaternity By Rose Hiver can be found here   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/quaternity 
Needles:-Sz #1
Yarn:- Hazel Knits sock color Nickel (grey) and Vamp (red)
I am glad I joined this group and the mittens are dense and very pretty and finished in a little over a month. If I am lucky my name could be drawn for a prize...now that would be a lovely bonus!!! LOL!
I am off to do a little mindless knitting now!
Happy knitting.
Mags.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Gorgeous mittens!! So glad to see you up and blogging. Take care, my internet friend and wishing you a warm and good Thanksgiving w/ your family. :)

God bless,

T