Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sparkly brioche scarf..



Pattern :- 
Rodekool by Nancy Marchant is a free pattern and can be found here
This pattern is doubleknit lace chevron and I have always wanted to knit this little reversible scarf.
Yarn:-
02 Grays
 
03 Blues
Needle :- 
US 4 
 
I bought this sparkly sock yarn when I first started knitting socks! It has been in my stash forever! Have always wanted to knit this pattern and although it almost killed me to learn ‘brioche’ and to figure it out, after probably a gazillion tries I got it to work!! It did require a bit lot of concentration or I would make silly mistakes and my only option was to tink back stitch by stitch. I learned so much from this pattern. The Italian cast on and cast off...thank goodness for You-Tube!!
I have to say it was all worth it…and I loved the challenge!!
Thanks to my grandsons for modeling it for me!
 
Happy knitting.
Mags

No comments: