Friday, August 9, 2013

Despicable Me! Knitted "Gru"...villain or hero?


You know, although I have been knitting on and off, it has been a long, long time since I posted anything. I hope if I have any readers at all left...you'll be kind and forgive me! I will try to do better! 
I couldn't resist the challenge of  knitting "Gru" after all I had knit his "minions" a long time ago!!
Once again I am in awe of the people who see a movie and write up an amazing pattern!
This one is free and can be found here........
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gru
This pattern is by Sarah Chandler and as I said, is free! Thanks Sarah.
Gru's details....

I used sz# 4 double points
Instead of worsted weight yarn I used Patons Classic Wool DK Superwash Black and Gray! For his face I used pink that I had in my scrap bag! So I have no idea what it is!!
The pattern was easy enough to follow..however it was a bit fiddly!
The little fella is about 7 inches tall and is so cute and definitely not despicable...my hero!
Hope you all make one!
Mags.