Thursday, August 12, 2010

135 days 'till Christmas


It's never too early to get ready for Christmas..especially if you decide to do fiddly stuff!
I know you all understand the "ship in a bottle," concept, well this is "knitting in a Christmas ornament," and they are super!
I thought I'd make one each for my Saturday knit group, and since they turned out well, I must order more glass balls and send a couple to my family who knit.
They were not terribly hard to do once I figured them out.
I used toothpicks for the knitting needles and put beads on the one end. I used sock yarn for knitting. Fun, fun, fun!
For those of you interested in unique "knitting" gifts, this is a free pattern on Ravelry.
Honestly.....who thinks of these things???? 'Tho I for one am glad they did. I will tell you, the 'Grand Poobah' does think I have too much time on my hands...and sometimes I have to agree!
I took a couple of pics outside but they didn't come out too well. The sun was reflecting off the glass...sorry for the glare!
I am still working on my mystery shawl.
I am still plodding along on Sarah's cardi and I've started another shawl for a friend!
Have fun with the ornaments!
Happy knitting.
Mags.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Mags,

Just read your posts. What a great project! U know I heart this one! My knitting fingers have been swollen, numb and hurting, and no projects finished. You always get a lot done. Admire you and all your works of knitting art. Keep up all the nice work!! At least I can read about yours. Oh well, until next time...