Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dusty Peonies...















I have a big stash of sock yarn that is weighing heavily on my mind and since I haven't been knitting any socks I have turned my attention to one skein shawls or shawlettes!
This is free pattern and you can find it here:-
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/zoe-8
Zoe by Emily Kausalik.
I liked knitting this 'cause it was so mindless, 20 rows of garter and 20 rows of stockinette stitch. The 20 rows of each were to be done 3x's but I had so much yarn left over I did them 4x's.
It really was such lovely TV knitting. There is too, the optional ruffled edging. As you can see I choose to do the ruffle! It just adds a nice feminine touch.
Yarn:-Zoe hand paint sock. I love using Zoe yarn.
Colour:-Peonies
Needles:-Sz#5.
This little shawl measures 40"X 20"...perfect!
I made a little tag with the yarn wrapper (you know, with washing/drying instructions) and the 'Grand Poobah' bent a long double pointed needle in half to make a two prong fork that can used as a shawl pin! I have to say 'tho my Mother frowned on sticking needles in knitting! She said it would make a hole....oh well!
I have someone in mind for this shawlette. She has been having a rough time...I thought of her while I was knitting and just added some hope, prayers and love for a successful outcome!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

No comments: