Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cheating


I always feel like I'm cheating when I knit top down....and I know it's because I don't have to worry about the dreaded seaming!
I'm such a perfectionist about my seams it causes me no end of grief! I even took a seaming class, but it didn't really help with the worry!
Doing top down, means I just have a very few ends to weave in and I'm done! Yeah! Problem solved!
Pattern:-Siesta by Carol Feller. This is a free pattern here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/siesta/ (Ravelry link)
Modifications:- I lengthened the sleeves by about an inch....because of my old lady arms.
This is a lovely very easy to follow pattern.
Needles:-Sz#5
Yarn:-Naturally caron.com 'Country'. Now this top was supposed to be DK yarn but I somehow bought worsted weight...oh well, it got the job done and I love it! It will be more of a spring fall weight top than a summer one!
I love the i-cord edging and although it was a pain to graft the i-cord edges together it does make a nice neat finished edge.
I have promised to knit a friend a cardigan...now I must choose pattern and yarn!
Could it be there is another top down/cheat in my future.
Probably!
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

No comments: