Friday, April 30, 2010

This and that.


















This little bag I have sent to Silfert http://stitchtunes.blogspot.com/ for her little man. She had mentioned she was looking for a pattern for one...ages ago. Sooo I thought I'd knit one.
Pattern:-Little Penny Pouches by Sara Foster from Interweave Felt Special Issue 2008. I modified the pattern heavily to knit this.
I started with a base, and continued to the top.
Yarn:-1 skein of Noro Kureyon colour#184. (leftover from my Tasha shawl.) I really, really love the Noro colours.
Needles:-Sz#8 DP's
What a quick easy knit. I used cord and a painted wooden ball to finish off the bag. It measures approximately 4 1/2" tall and the base is about 3 1/2" across.
I thought the felting took a long time, but then smaller things usually do and I did it by hand!
The necklaces I made for Sarah, one of the knitters I see most every week at the coffee shop.
Pattern:-Anjies knitted Bead Necklace. You can find this free pattern here
Yarn:-leftover sock.
Needles:-Sz#0
I decided to use small wooden beads instead of fiberfill.
These were a bit fiddly to work but the end result is so cute.
I still haven't finished Barbara's socks and the roses socks.
I would like to start something using my new handspun. I have a lot of plans but am only motivated to do this and that! Oh, well.
Happy knitting.
Mags.
P.S. If you look at the necklace pic you can see the dust on the road. A car had just driven past, ah, the joys of living on a dirt road!


2 comments:

tammy said...

Dropping by for a short visit to say hello and to see what you've been up too! Quite a lot I see. Love the little bag, and what a nice skein of handspun you've got. So when are you going to take up spinning? :)smile.

Take care,
FHSK

P.S.
I have been using a new yarn Mochi, there is a worsted weight and a sock weight. It has beautiful noro like colors, BUT, it is much softer and nicer to knit with. I love it! You might want to give it a try someday, I know you like Noro.

Viola said...

I love the colours too; its a gorgeous little bag. Very cool necklace as well.