Friday, April 23, 2010

Love at first sight..


Today I received the most gorgeous yarn in my mailbox....and it is my first handspun. It was a gift from a "Socknitter" friend. She decided to have a contest and of course a bunch of folks entered. I think all we had to do was name our favourite colour. It was all in good fun and I expected nothing. Silfert/Audrey, http://stitchtunes.blogspot.com/ however, very generously sent everyone who entered a hank of homespun. Let me just say I am thrilled and delighted! Check out the other skeins/colours on her blog. This woman is a dynamo..she has a toddler, husband and a job and still found time to wash, card, spin and dye, I think I count ten hanks (from the pic on her blog) and then mail each one with a personalised note....WOW!!!!! I'm not only impressed I'm out of breath!
My colour is "Kingsford" after the charcoal. My problem now is what to knit. I must find something that is going to do this yarn justice. Of course I won't be starting right away...I have to savour it....caress it, look and admire this yarn for a little while.
I do want to thank Silfert for her generous gift and for her friendship. I am so touched.
Thank you again....I feel as if I am wrapped in homespun happiness.
Happy knitting.
Mags.

1 comment:

silfert said...

After all you guys have done for ME, it's only fair. :)