Sunday, March 21, 2010

So little to show







I haven't been knitting very much lately...shame on me! It's like I'll start something and get fed up and rip it. So I have very little to show.
Here goes:-
The mini socks are a free pattern on Raverly. It is "Mini Christmas Stocking Ornaments" by Little Cotton Rabbits. This pattern is knitted flat so I adapted it for the round. Basically I just used the charts. I thought I'd throw in a little squirrel sock. The squirrel here is from the "Squirrelly Swedish Mittens" by Eli Stubenrauch. I decided to use garter stitch short row heels and toes and I used sz#000 needles to keep the socks tiny and it was like knitting with straightened out paperclips!
As you can see I've decided to knit a pair of 'Annetrelac' by Sandy Beadle. (I have knit this pattern before so it's no real challenge 'tho it does look nice.) I'm not real crazy about my choice of yarn because it's a little thick and since I'm using Sz#0 needles the fabric is denser than I like. O well...they can be boot socks.
The last pic is 'Roses' from the Mitten Book. These have been my undoing! I started these on
sz#1 needles and when they wouldn't fit over my heel. [What good are socks that won't even go on your feet!] I ordered sz#2 needles and had to do them over.
I love doing colourwork, but it does get tedious when I end up ripping out miles and miles of stitches.
I'm still optimistic and I am hoping to finish everything soon..we'll see.
I may have told you this before but I am in a great knitting group. We meet every Saturday and the folks are so nice...and we all get along well.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Beautiful socks, Mags! A little goes a long way. I've not knitted at all for several weeks. Have not been well but on the road to being better!

The little red sock is with my red spinning wheel, So cute!