Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rosemary's Ribbit




This little guy is for one of my knitting buddies, who adores frogs. She collects frogs and frog stuff. I'll preface by saying this; I think her car seat covers are decorated with frogs, as is her jacket, her keys, her purse etc..okay, you must know the type. I'm sure you have met someone like her..not necessarily a frog collector, just any (object) collector. Rosemary's passion just happens to be frogs...mine is yarn!
I decided to knit the frog because she made me some chocolate covered peanut butter eggs and gave me a lovely card. (The eggs were delicious..and no, I didn't share my private hoard with anyone. Hee hee) Apparently she made the eggs for me because I help her with her knitting. I can't imagine that I'm imparting any great knitting advice...but you never know!
I come from a culture where it is very hard just to accept a gift and say "thanks." No, I come from a place where you feel you have to reciprocate...it's a 'quid pro quo' sorta thing! Someone does something nice for you, you return the favour....hence the frog.
This is a free pattern called 'Ribbit' by Susan B. Anderson here http://ravelry.com/
I used Sz#5 needles
Yarn:-Tahki Kerry. (Colour:-5009. A tweedy light green.)
I made a few modifications. I picked up the stitches for the arms and legs. Same with the body and head...didn't do them separately.
This pattern uses a tennis ball for the body...isn't that a great idea?
I did add a little scarf I knit using pink embroidery floss and Sz#000 needles. I added a little frog button to complete the look.
Okay, I hope Rosemary likes it 'tho I'm sure she'll love one that's been knitted especially for her.
Happy knitting everyone.
Mags.

3 comments:

tammy said...

The frog is cuteness, the friend will be happy with it!

Wanted to drop by and wish you a wonderful Easter!

tammy said...

Thank you for all the nice comments left on my blog. Bless you, my "Irish friend".

And,
"May The Road Rise Up To Meet You"
"And The Wind Be Always At Your Back".

Something like that, tis, all I can remember:)

silfert said...

Oh, I know someone who loves frogs! This would be perfect!