Thursday, August 6, 2009

Saying goodbye..




Two weeks ago I said goodbye to my Mother. Now I don't think I'd mention this on my blog but she was a fellow knitter.


I would love to say she taught me to knit..but no..I learned from a friend.


In October 2007 she bought a sweater at a 'Charity' shop. She painstakingly ripped the thing out and decided to knit a cardigan. She never used a pattern and she never ever swatched and heaven forbid, she never heard tell of blocking.
This cardigan is the last thing she ever made. Here she is knitting it and here is a pix of my daughter wearing the cardigan.
I will miss you Ma.
Mags.




5 comments:

Cate said...

Bring a tear to me eye, I'm tellin' ya! I LOVE that picture (I thought that there was a bag of chips beside her, but Lou schooled me).

It's a gorgeous sweater--I'm thrilled to have it! xo

Tina said...

As I get ready to say goodbye to my own Mum, I can only tell you that being open and blogging your farewell makes me feel less alone while I plan mine. Thanks, you've done a good thing for someone out here.

tammy said...

I haven't visited your blog until today. This is a sweet legacy and honor of your Mom. The picture of her is lovely and sweet. I'm thinking of you and prayers be with you.

Luv, Comfort and Peace
Tammy

silfert said...

Patience, tenacity, sharing, beauty... if she didn't teach you the mechanics of knitting, she cetainly gave you the foundation. Many hugs to you.

Jackie said...

I m so sorry, please be brave. You sure have a good knitting teacher.