Sunday, July 12, 2009

All occasion cards....for knitters.




A couple of weeks ago a few folks had a secret swap at 'Socknitters.'
One of the items you could send was a homemade card. I did not participate, but I did think about what kind of card I would like to enclose to a knit friend.
Here goes.
These are so cute..click on the pix to enlarge.
Using sock yarn and Sz#00 I made a little square using a few stitches.
I slipped these on dressmaker pins..you know the ones with coloured heads (I did blunt the tips using wire cutters)..and using double sided scrapbook tape stuck the swatches to the cards. And there you have it! One card says "hello" and the other says "thank-you."
I will make more. My (kind, generous, loving) daughter helped with the cards! (Thanx Cath.)
Happy knitting.
Mags

5 comments:

Lou said...

Very cute cards!

Jackie said...

u did a fantastic job on this ! Imagine how small and tiny those pins are, u actually knit on them ..wow !!

Jackie said...

i meant slipped those stitches on the skinny pins ..... anyway a job well done !!

I m sure your cards will be much appreciated by any knitter friends.

tammy said...

Wow! You've been busy. I luv, luv, the cards, a clever idea ANY knitter would love...grin

Also the bear post is neat, around our area from the mountains to the piedmont, we keep hearing of people seeing bears out in public.Some stories have not been so good. In Winston Salem,(city)nearby, the police shot and killed one. I thought that could have been handled different. They said they contacted the wildlife people but they never showed up..go figure.

The booties are really cute and colorful. Thanks for sharing your unique ideas, I always enjoy seeing them. Thanks for keeping check on me. I appreciate it.
Tammy

tammy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I will keep you and her in my prayers. I'm not sure I realized that she lived in Ireland.

Keep in touch and God bless, heal and keep His arms around you both!

Love,
Tammy