Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bears and booties!






Now I'm not much of a game player but Silfert at http://stitchtunes.blogspot.com/ included me as one of her five! She had been tagged to put up the 10th., picture in her 1st., folder!




Now I will do the same....





As you can see I live on a 'dirt road' in rural Pennsylvania. I hate living on a dirt road but I love where I live..now that's a contradiction...but the road is so dusty in summer, rutted and like a wagon track in spring and we are usually snowed in during the winter because dirt roads are not a priority! That about sums it up.





Okay, the advantages...I can cut myself off from the world. I don't have to go camping, and my world is teeming with wildlife.





The evening I took this picture I had been barbecuing and the smells outside of cooking were wonderful. I imagine the neighbour's mouth was watering! So it's no wonder the bear stopped by.


The Grand Poobah and I had eaten dinner. I decided to go out and make sure the gas to grill was off! (I'm sort of an a** about these little details!) I went out and was shocked to see a bear sauntering thru the yard! I rushed back indoors and yelled, "Honey, there's a bear in the yard!" The Grand Poobah said, "You must be mistaken...are you sure it's not a big dog? He came out and was impressed. He had never seen a bear that close before and he had grown up in the Allegheny 'National Forest,' where there are quite a few roaming the woods. I'd say the bear weighed near 200lbs.





I had the presence of mind to pick up my camera (because pix speak volumes.) It was just starting to get dark.....and I just never thought about adjusting for brightness etc.. So ta-da if you look carefully you can see that bad boy! Here is the 10th pix of my 1st folder!!! Not the greatest but..you can click on the photo for a closer look!




Happy knitting.




P.S. Speaking of knitting. I made these booties/sox? for a friend.

Yarn:- Heart&Sole colour 'Green Envy.'
Needles:-Sz#1
Pattern:-36sts.
Cuff. 3 knit followed by 3 purl rows.
Short row double stitch heel.
Hope they fit.
Love them!
Happy 4th everyone. Stay safe!



















4 comments:

Lou said...

Scary to see a bear that close to the house.

BTW, cute sox. Love the colors.

Jackie said...

thanks for sharing.

ooh....cute booties.

bobbi said...

i love the socks, but not the bear. that would have scared me.

silfert said...

Imagine knitting socks for THOSE bare, er, bear feet! Thanks for playing along. :)