Saturday, June 27, 2009

'Truly' in the Doldrums..


I am in the knitting 'doldrums'.....um...I want to knit something, but waste hours looking at patterns and decide to do nothing. Right now I'm sorta sick of everything. I hope these feelings don't last!
Finally 'tho I picked something to knit , and 'ta-da' it's the 'Truly Tasha's Shawl" by Nancy Bush. I'm using Sz#4 needles.
I had some Noro Kureyon, colour#184 in my stash. I love the way this is knitting up..all the colour changes, however I'm not crazy about the under-spun sections of yarn..but I can live with it!
I just needed something mindless and the shawl is mostly garter stitch with a lace edging that is also the bind off. So it's moving along nicely and I'm on ball #4 already!
I am watching Wimbledon this week and next. I grew up watching tennis...it was all we could get on T.V. and I've always been hooked!
Happy knitting.
Mags.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

i like the colour, ver nice.

tammy said...

Know what you mean about the doldrms..Seems like I can't get a sock going and I want tooo.. got to climb out of a gulley first.

Your shawl is pretty w/ the Noro colors. I have the Tasha pattern saved in a notebook.

Need to do the July KAL for Wendy's Toe up and cast on a plain one for mindless knitting to carry around w/ me. Mollie is also a tennis fan. She played four years in high school and was a # one player. She misses tennis.Works all the time now. Oh well! Visit soon. Tammy

bobbi said...

funny, i'm feeling the same way, and thinking about knitting a noro shawl.
i love watching tennis also.

silfert said...

I've had those days. Do something silly, like singing "Amazing Grace" to the tune of the "Gilligan's Island" theme. It helps.