Thursday, June 11, 2009

Candles


The challenge this month on Ravelry is 'DYO'....design your own sox!
Soooo.....I thought I'd give it a try and I used the"1030 Stitches Patterns" knitting dictionary. I have had this book laying around (unused) for ages!
I have one sox done:-
Yarn:-Shalimar..Zoe Sock.
Colour:- Sapote.
This is a lovely yarn. I'm surprised it's not worn thin from all the ripping out and reworking I have done on this pattern!
Needles:-Sz#1
I started using a tubular cast on and I used "Heels by the Number" by Jiminy Crickets.
I wouldn't claim to be able to design....this is just a basic sock incorporating this candle stitch from the book. I have at times felt like pulling out my hair...I'm hoping to whiz thru sox number two...well I should have worked out most of the kinks, by now...hopefully. (HaHa)
Happy knitting.
Mags.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Hey, i m not on vacations...LOLO

i m one of your many fans !

bobbi said...

you are one of my favorite people. us loners have to stick together. we know were special. LOL!!!

silfert said...

Gorgeous. "Candles" is an appropriate name. Maybe do the next pair in blue and silvery gray; the stitch pattern reminds me of Menorahs... :)

tammy said...

Nice design, I like it.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. I'm still acheing but hanging in there.

bobbi said...

after reading you blog i forgot to mention how impressed i am that you DYO
i'll stick to printed patterns. LOL!!!
good luck on your next one.

bobbi said...

p.s. thanks for asking about my husband. he is doing great.