Friday, March 20, 2009

Work in progress....varicoloured raglan!


Here's what I've been working on...'tho I don't really have too much to show!
Pattern:-Raglan Rust by Julie Farmer, published in Knitter's Winter 2008.
Sz#7 circ needles (I went down one needle size)
Yarn:-Heart and sole; Razzle Dazzle and Congo, one strand of each held together.
This is my first top down. I had mulled over other top down patterns but the deciding factor here was using sox yarn. (Knit up it sorta looks like a woven kitchen throw rug!)
I love the texture of this and the colour variations. The arms are to be knit and seamed to the underarm but I think I'll try totally seamless! I have read that arms will twist without a seam and that seams add structure to a garment....
This is so easy it practically knits itself...really doable for anyone! I love it and can't wait to wear it and since I'm knitting top down it's almost worn out from me trying it on!!!!!!! I know I'm pathetic!
Happy knitting.
Mags

3 comments:

tammy said...

Mags,

I really like it, The colors are so pretty! Can't wait to see it finished. KNIT ON....

silfert said...

Hey, that's cool! I can't tell from the picture; are there buttonholes? It looks like it'll be really comfy...

Becky said...

Just realized you had a blog. How fun. I ordered the pattern and yarn. I am about 6 inches down under the arm. Looks about like your picture. It is a fun knit and am looking forward to wearing it. Like you, I have tried it on several times. Love the feel. Happy Knitting!!