Saturday, February 28, 2009

Circle sox....




I have just finished 2 pair of Circle sox.
The striped ones are for Marion. I met Marion at the Mall. It was "Community Days" and I was encouraging folks to purchase booklets to benefit our nonprofit group. Marion was at a nearby table and noticed my sox!!! (That's what happens when you wear Birkenstock sandals.) She asked me to knit a pair for her and she'd pay me!!!! Well for shame Marion...knitters don't put a price on their work!!! I finally got around to it and I mailed them off yesterday..anonymously...my friends think I'm a fool, but I'm hoping Marion will do a kind deed for someone to reciprocate!!!!!
Pattern:-Circle Socks by Anne Campbell. This is a nice pattern because it is very stretchy and since I'm unsure of the ankle size for either recipient, this pattern seemed ideal.
Yarn:-Patons Kroy. Colour:-Fern Rose. (I just had enough using 2 balls to finish these Sz#9 sox.
Needles:- Sz#1. HiyaHiya 9" circs. (I love these, sorta like knitting with toothpicks!)
I decided to do a short row double stitch heel for these, or the jojo heel.
The red ones and the matching key ring are for a fellow sox knitter.
Pattern:- Circle Socks by Anne Campbell.
Yarn:- Opal Neon. Colour:- 1934, The red, pink, coral family.
Needles:- Sz#1. HiyaHiya 9" circs..
I followed the pattern as written and went with the 'eye of partridge' and regular heel flap.
For the keyring I used the circle sock pattern, sz#0 needles and used Socknitters Mini-Sock by Linda Nelson as a guide.
I loved using the red yarn, well it still is February and red is for Valentine Day and also February is heart month!
I hope both pairs fit. I think I prefer having foot length from heel to end of toe rather than shoe size....but that's just me.
Happy knitting.
Mags.

5 comments:

silfert said...

That keychain is cuter than the proverbial bug's ear!

Cate said...

I agree with Silfert--that keychain is just too cute!

tammy said...

You're very generous and the keychain and socks are so nice!

tammy said...

Thank you Mag for the comment you left about the Noro sox. I felt the same way when knitting them. I didn't think I would ever finish. I do like the colors! And I'm glad to know they wear so well and would soften up after washing. So I will reconsider. Thanx again!

silfert said...

They fit beautifully! Now I know why Mom is always checking my WIP's for upcoming socks! ;)