Monday, January 26, 2009

Sandy's 'flake' sox



These sox are for Sandy....I knit them because I had knit everyone in my knitting group a pair.

My final obligation...I hope she likes them, 'tho they were an easy mindless knit.

Yarn:- Patons Kroy 4ply socks.

Colour:-Flax

Colour:-Whitecap (Just used a few strands, for the snowflake.)

Needles:-Sz#1 and Sz#0 (for the foot)

Pattern:- just a basic sock with a 2x3 rib from the cuff to the ankle.

I did use the snowflake chart from the book "Socks*Socks*Socks" in the "Golf Socks" pattern by Dorothy S. Grubbs. Just for the heel flap.

I think this was the first book I bought when I started knitting sox.....and I don't think I've knit one thing from it. I do like the book, but..um....there are just so many patterns for sox I'm overwhelmed and when I see a different pattern I run with it!!!

I decided to cast on for a "Swallowtail Shawl" and I am starting the dreaded "nupps "next. This is my first shawl and I don't want to bore you with my reasons for never having knit a shawl. I will keep you updated with my progress...unless the shawl nupps vex me too much and it becomes a pair of sox! (HaHa)

Happy knitting

Mags.

3 comments:

silfert said...

Nupps? *scratches head*

Cate said...

Wow--those socks are really pretty. Love the little heel detail!

Mags said...

Okay