Friday, January 9, 2009

Treillage Socks


I looked for a pattern that would showcase variegated yarn and I found this little gem! I bought this yarn Opal Neon at http://www.littleknits.com/ on sale.
These are for a friend who asked for a pair for her daughter-in law.
Pattern:-Treillage Socks by Anita Peluso
Pattern description by Anita Peluso:-These socks are worked in reverse stockinette stitch; which Charlene Schurch in her book 'Sensational Knitted Socks' calls the "Princess Foot" because she feels it is more comfortable to walk on the knit side of the fabric rather than the purl side. Let me just say I purled a lot!!!! This pattern is well written and 'tho it looks like I used a cable needle it was a twisted stitch. Really very nice, looks like a chain linked together!!!!!
Needles:- Sz#1 D P's. I did however buy 9" circular Sz#1. I just felt using the Dp's on all the purls left a little gap (ladder) and while the 9" circular looked like I was using tooth picks, I liked the result. The pattern is written for one circular using the Magic Loop.
(Do you notice I'm reluctant to try different methods....well since it would cut into my actual knitting time I plow on with what I know...just me!!!)
Yarn:-Opal Neon....1937....but with the reds, orange, blues and yellow to me it should have been called "Tequila Sunrise."
I hope she likes them. They do feel wonderful on!
I have a couple more people I have promised sox and then on to other things..a new purse...cardigan....oh, the possibilities!!
Happy knitting.
Mags

3 comments:

silfert said...

I save the term "Tequila Sunrise" for patterns that drive me to drink...

silfert said...

Sigh. And I'll bet you were able to just enjoy the show, too. No other projects yelling, "Me! Me!" in the background...

Cate said...

Love these kicky socks--such a burst of fun!