Monday, October 27, 2008

Patchwork Socks

Soooo... because you knit, do people bug you and whine and say things like "When are you gonna make me a pair of sox?" Well lately I've been getting that question.
I know they haven't a clue about the time and sometimes the money that goes into the whole affair!!! (By the way, what was your most expensive yarn purchase?)Since I had a lot of this yarn left over after my footies. I decided to get a few people off my back and to just use it up. It is easy care, inexpensive..and I had it on hand, the only problem I had was finding a pattern that wouldn't get lost in the variegated yarn. I know I could have just knit these plain...I mean after all the yarn is striped...but wouldn't that be (too) boring??? I found this pattern and I love, love it!!
Yarn:- Red Heart Ltd., Heart and Sole with Aloe.
Colour:-Razzle-dazzleNeedles:-Sz.#1
Pattern:-Patchworksocken-Alpenfees Interpretation by Susanne Fiedler from "Alpenfees Wollberge"
It was basically mitered squares and easy to do. You just add your own heel and toe combination. It took me ages because I had decided to try the "Jojo" heel and I knit one complete sox using that heel. Well I decided to change to the "fore/afterthought heel for the bullseye effect and it fits with the pattern...at least for me, but I had a lot of ripping to do.
Next up same pattern...I have so much Christmas knitting to do I had better get started..no more 'piddling' around!!!
Happy knitting.
Mags

4 comments:

silfert said...

Those socks would make Eeyore smile. :)

Um, most expensive single yarn? Or most money dropped at one time for yarn? Er... ah...

Viola said...

I love these but they look pretty tricky to do. Okay, I've only done one minisock so far as a trial to see if I can do socks and it's probably much too soon to covet all these beautiful socks but I do.

*Sigh* I know ... baby steps.

bobbi said...

very colorful to say the least, however, they are BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie said...

wow, these seems like a piece of arts. great job.