Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cropped Cable Cardigan

Pattern:-Cropped Cable Cardigan by Vladimir Teriokhin from Vogueknitting Fall 2005
Yarn:-Lion Brand "Wool-Ease Chunky" colour Charcoal.
Needles:-Sz#11
Buttons bought at Jo~Annes in Maryland.
This worked up fast but the pattern had some mistakes and I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner.
I picked up and added 8 rows of garter stitch on the bottom edge because it was really very short. I hope the recipient likes it!! I still am not the best at seaming and I think from now on I'll just do top down cardi's, and I have bought a great pattern from http://www.sweaterbabe.com and although I can't wait to start, it will not be my next project because I have to knit some socks. My Mother asked for a pair or two although when I send them she always finds fault e.g....... not warm enough, too long in the leg, well you get the my drift....(sigh)
Happy knitting.
Mags

1 comment:

silfert said...

That looks like a fireside sweater. Just right to go with a book and some cocoa...