Monday, September 29, 2008

Jaywalkers and in-place after/forethought heel...





Here are my Jaywalkers. Am I the only one who hasn't knitted a pair yet...well 'till now!!


Yarn:-Lorna's Laces...colour 'Chocolate Stripe.' At the colour change the white becomes green and then brown..maybe it's a hint of mint???


Needles Sz#1


I decided to try an after/forethought heel. I used the 'Chevron Patterns for Self-Striping Yarn' from Charlene Schurch's 'Sensational Knitted Socks. My socks didn't have the same stitch count so I just took 1/2 # stitchs for the heel and left 28sts before kitchener the heel closed. I really love the fit and the heel formed concentric circles of pattern sometimes called 'bull's-eye.' I will do this again.

Happy knitting.

Mags



3 comments:

Jackie said...

I am a proud owner of Jaywalkers just like you.

Nice colour, great work.

silfert said...

I have yet to try this pattern. Shame on me! Those are neat...

bobbi said...

no you aren't the only one. i'm still thinking about knitting them. i've got the yarn and the pattern. what's left?
KNIT THEM BOBBI!