Monday, June 16, 2008

Bug Socks



I haven't been blogging, commenting or knitting in forever!!! I did however manage to knit these bug sox. A wee challenge in fair isle and intarsia.
This pattern is supposed to be done in "Colinette" yarn. The JitterBug socks were designed by Wendy Freebourne and Lou Sugg and published in the April 2008 issue of "knitting" especially for 'Colinette ' yarn!!!
Unfortunately since N. Ireland's yarn stores; with any decent wool supplies; are few and far between I substituted "Wool Craft" superwash sock yarn for the "Colinette" and used Sz#1 DP's.
Now the sox are cute but well, you do the best you can with the resources you have.....sigh!
I mailed them to Lou...my favourite son-in-law and knit fan....who appreciates everything I do.
The bug motif is on both sides of each leg. (Thank you Lou...you're a super model!!!)
Would I knit another pair...maybe...I thought the pattern was well written and easy to follow (with step by step pix and how to's following the pattern..this is such a great idea)...I hated having to sew the back leg seam even 'tho is was just the length of the patterned panel.
But that's just me!!!
Happy knitting.
Mags

2 comments:

silfert said...

Eeeeeee!! Hugs!! Welcome back! Oh, and the socks look great. :)

bobbi said...

cute socks. i wouldn't have knit them knowing they needed to be sewn up the side. I HATE SEWING, and i don't use the word hate loosely.